Now that it’s officially the first day of summer, we have TWO special summer reading programs to announce: the GCPS BOOKMOBILE and the Pamunkey Regional Library’s SUMMER READING PROGRAM!
Goochland County Public Schools: BOOKMOBILEMonday, June 8 & Monday June 22 (more dates TBA) This NEW program was developed to help continue the love of reading to the homes of our GCPS families. Students (preschool through middle school) may visit one of the following Bookmobile locations and select up to three books and an ice pop…for FREE!
- 9:00-9:15 Hadensville Fire-Rescue Company 6 (4810 Three Chopt Rd, Louisa, VA 23093)
- 9:35-9:50 Antioch Baptist Church (4712 River Rd W, Goochland, VA 23063)
- 10:00-10:15 Goochland Fire-Rescue Company 5 (2710 Fairground Rd, Goochland, VA 23063)
- 10:30-10:45 Victory Christian Church (2850 Maidens Rd, Goochland, VA 23063)
- 11:00 – 11:15 Salem Baptist Church (465 Broadstreet Rd, Manakin-Sabot, VA 23103)
- 11:30 – 11:45 Manakin Fire-Rescue Company 1 (180 River Rd W, Manakin-Sabot, VA 23103)
Pamunkey Regional Library: SUMMER READING PROGRAMSaturday, June 6 – Monday, August 31 Choose a program best suited to your reading level – Read-to-Me, Readers, Teens, or Adults
- Earn up to 1000 points for books read to you, books or number of minutes you read, and/or missions you complete.
- Read-to-Me participants and Readers who complete the program earn a certificate and a prize from our “store.” Teens and Adults can use their points for raffle drawing entries for a prize of their choice. You can also win a prize in our weekly book drawings.
Go to www.pamunkeylibrary.org for info on how to sign up!