Locally, or from the west:
- Use Rt. 6 (Patterson Avenue/River Road West) to Goochland Courthouse
- Continue west for one mile, past the new library on the left
- School is on the right, past the old Goochland High School
- Take I-64 west from Richmond to the Goochland/Oilville Exit
- Turn left, and continue 1/4 mi. to Broad Street (Rt. 250) turning right.
- Continue on Broad Street (west) for 1 mi. and turn left on Fairground Rd.
- Continue 6 mi. on Fairground until the intersection with Sandy Hook Road, Rt. 522
- Turn left on 522, continue 1/4 mile, and turn right at the light onto River Road West (rt. 6)
- GES driveway is second on the right, the Specialty Education center is the first driveway on the right.
Using Patterson Avenue (Route 6) aka River Road West: Take Route 6 to Goochland Courthouse. Continue west for one (1) mile, past the new library on the left, to the school’s second driveway on the right, past the second stop light west of the village of Goochland. The Specialty Center’s entrance is about 600 feet before the entrance to GES.
Using Interstate 64: Take I-64 west from Richmond to the Goochland/Oilville interchange, turn left, continue one-quarter mile to Broad Street Road (route 250). Turn right onto Broad Street Road. Continue on Broad Street for approximately one mile, turn left onto Fairground Road (route 632). Continue six miles to the intersection of Fairground Road and Sandy Hook Road (route 522), turn left onto Route 522, continue 1/4 mile to the stop-light (intersection of Sandy Hook Road and River Road West). Turn right onto River Road West (Route 6, west) 1/10 mile to the school, second driveway on the right. The entrance to the Specialty Center is about 600 feet before the Entrance to GES.